A 4-part post from Accelerator CC — Every year, we at Accelerator CC step back and take a look at the industry trends that are affecting our customers, and those that will soon be impacting their day-to-day operations in the near future. In this 4-part post series, we outline our view of the increasing pressures shared between building owners, managers, and building service contractors.
Part two of four in our series presents a list of top pressures facing building service contractors. As the last link in the chain from tenant to building owner to manager to BSC, service providers are seeing a shift in demands and added focus on compliance and transparency. BSCs are seeing new requirements placed upon them to demonstrate that tasks are being completed as requested, on-time and to completeness. They are feeling pressure from building managers and owners to take an ever-more active role in managing and reporting progress upstream. Here are the BSC challenges the way we see them.
- Service providers must work to a specific scope with clarity of work, demonstrate that the tasks were completed and self-report on completion of periodic tasks (proof of delivery)
- Service providers must meet or exceed the needs of tenants to ensure high tenant satisfaction, reduced non-value added work (responding to complaints) and increased tenant retention
- Service providers must provide visibility to all work that is scheduled, in process and/or completed on a real time basis
- Service providers must demonstrate that they are meeting or exceeding the quality standards that were set out in their contract
- Service providers must be proactive in managing their staffs and compliance with building policies and procedures
- Service providers must be proactive in assisting the property manager in meeting the goals and objectives for the property and those of the building owner
Attention BSCs—does this resonate with you? How much of this list describes what you’re facing? What did we miss? We’d like to hear from you.
In our next post, we’ll explore how BSCs are responding to these new pressures.
Thank you for reading. Please share with your colleagues who might find this of interest. Authored by Accelerator CC, providers of cloud-based commercial cleaning software that helps you profitably manage contracts, bids, operations, sales, and staff while providing advanced on-site inspection and quality assurance to your customers. One of the fastest-growing SaaS platforms on the market, Accelerator CC delivers an advanced level of automation, remote/field connectivity and built-in best practices that specifically target the needs of commercial cleaning organizations and their customers. To see a demo of Accelerator CC, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610.849.5039.